Please see the information below to prepare for your CT exam.
Radiology Diagnostic Center
Five Cities Medical Imaging
Digital Medical Imaging
Click on the video below that pertains to your procedure
Be prepared when you attend your CT
• Wear comfortable clothing with no metal for your examination. You may be required to change at the time of your appointment. Please leave jewelry and valuables at home.
• Most exams average 15-30 minutes per body part. You will be required to lie still during the actual CT scanning.
• The machine is permanently open on both ends. It is well lit, and the part of the body being scanned will be placed in the middle of the machine.
• During your exam, our technologist will be able to see and communicate with you at all times.
• Some exams require CT contrast. If contrast is ordered, a
technologist will start an IV during your exam and administer contrast halfway through the procedure.
• Contrast requires fasting and potentially drinking oral barium. It is very IMPORTANT that you are well-hydrated prior to the exam and remain well-hydrated after the exam.
• If you think you may experience anxiety related to
claustrophobia, please contact our office at 805-286-4617 at least one day prior to your appointment to discuss your options.